- Group buy is closed.
- Case production is finished.
- Placed PCB order.
- Placed parts orders.
- All parts and PCB have arrived.
- Packaging starting this week.
- Orders are expected to be shipped within the next two weeks.
- All orders have been shipped.
UM-A is an Alice style split ANSI/ISO keyboard with arrow cluster and macro keys along with encoder and OLED screen housed in 3D printed housings.
ANSI & ISO
UM-A available in ANSI and ISO layout.
Note that PCBs and housings are designed to accommodate the specific layout, so they are not interchangeable. Please decide the layout before purchasing.
Tented Rear Cover
4.5° tenting angle rear cover is available for those who prefer to have their boards tented up.
Default rear cover: 3° typing angle
Tented rear cover: 3° typing angle, 4.5° tenting angle
0.91” OLED screen is located on the left half, it can be programmed to display info like layer states, LED states (Cap/Num/Scroll lock), and even animation reacted to your typing.
A clickable encoder with a 15mm rotary knob is on the right half. 3D printed rotary knob is included. Aluminium knob is optional and purchased as an add-on item.
Soldering is required
UM-A kits come with solderable PCBs. Switches, LEDs, TRRS jack, OLED and encoder require soldering. Assembly guide available here.
Print your own case
Print files are available for those who prefer to print the case themselves. Select ‘Print It Yourself Kit’, it comes with everything needed for assembly except the printed parts. (No switches, stabiliser and LED included in all kits.)
These print files are designed with fairly tight tolerance and should be printed with dimensional accurate 3D printers. Print guide and files are available here.
All files are not to be used for sales and commercial purposes.
- Alice style split keyboard with ANSI and ISO layout support
- Default cover: 3° typing angle
- Tented cover: 3° typing angle, 4.5° tenting angle
- OLED Screen
- Encoder (15mm rotary knob)
- Backlit LED
- Black RF4 Plates
- QMK, VIA, Vial Compatible
- MCU: Atmega32u4
- FDM 3D printed PLA housing (Not included in ‘PIY kit’)
What’s in the box
- 1 x Set of 3d Printed PLA housing (Not included with ‘PIY kit’)
- 1 x 3D printed rotary knob (Not included with ‘PIY kit’)
- 1 x Set of Black RF4 Plates
- 1 x Set of PCBs
- 1 x 0.91” White on black OLED Screen
- 1 x OLED Screen PCB
- 1 x Encoder
- 2 x TRRS Jacks
- 2 x 4 pins sockets for OLED
- 1 x 4 pins cable
- 1 x Set of fastening
- 1 x Set of rubber feet
- 1 x Set of heat-set threaded inserts (‘PIY kit’ only)
Things to note
- This is a group buy, ending on 18 January 2022. Orders are not refundable after group-buy ended. The estimated shipping date is mid-April 2022. Updates will be available on this page and on the Discord server.
- Quality expectation: This is an FDM 3D printed product. Layer lines and z-seams are unavoidable. Z-seams will be located inside and where is not visible when it’s in use. Layer lines are visible around the case; filaments with glitters like Galaxy Black, Galaxy Purple, Vertigo Grey, Vertigo Jade and Marble Effect are effective in masking the layer lines. Photos of the artefacts under harsh lighting can be seen here.
- Soldering and assembly are required.
- TRRS cable is required for connecting two halves. TRRS cable is not included.
- Keycaps and switches are not included.
- Merge is not responsible for any issue with printed parts that are not sold by Merge.
- Merge is not obliged to provide 3D printing support.
- All print files are not to be used for sales and commercial purposes.